To my son :
I never thought I could love someone else this much till the day you’re handed in my hand the day you were born. You’ve turned my life around, you changed the way I see this world (to a better way, thank you). You give me strength every time I feel down, you’ve been a reason for me to stand still through those rainy days in my life. These 8 years has been great and it’s all because of you. Though I’m not always being with you all the time because I gotta work (and I know you like it better when I work), but I’m glad I watched all the milestone of your life, being there for you in your important steps, was there with you on your first day at school, laughing with you when you lost your teeth, witnessing you swimming for the first time, and giving you a chance to climb those trees.
We’ve been through a lot, we went to many places together, sometimes just the two of us, and it gave me a chance to know you better, and to give my time, 100% for you. I love how we bond, I love how you could talk to me about every thing like I’m a friend, I love how we share those good food we found when we traveled together.
And how it breaks my heart every time you got sick. I told you I would replace you and let me got the fever, but you said no, because if I sick, you wouldn’t be able to hug and you’re not allowed to be around me. I love how you could be so sweet like that. And I wonder where that came from🙂
I love when you texted me “kangen” when I got work to do out of town, you make the worst homesick in the sweetest way.
I may not be a good mom, I do mistakes, I hate lotsa people, I get angry a lot, I don’t do what I should do, I did what I shouldn’t. I am so selfish sometimes I’d rather sitting in a cafe alone just to finish reading a book than to play Uno Games with you. Sometimes I got too tired when I arrive at home and not listening to your story about what happened at school that day. Sometimes I prefer to take a very long nap than to watch a movie with you.
I’m not a very wise person, sometimes I get bored reading those wise quotes. But I’ve learned a lot from this life. And I think you should know ;
- Love your parents because we are the first thing you have in this world, and no one loves you more than we do
- Do what you love, when you’re loving what you do, everything will be much easier
- Travel a lot, it teaches you many things, maybe a lot more than you learn at school
- Take a lot of pictures, but lens only see what the lens can see. Open your eyes widely, picture those memories in your mind, it would be a treasure later
- Take everything easy, being hard on your self doesn’t make thing easier
- Never hurt a girl. I know girl could be nyebelin sometimes, talk about it work things out, that’s what love’s about
- Choose the right friends, that way you are creating a new family around you, a family by choice, what could be better than that?
- If one day you must lie to someone, lie. It wont make you burnt in hell. But be smart, even liars need to learn how to lie
- Never take anything for granted, anything
- Treat your self well because that’s how you must treat anyone else
- Tell stories to your kids like I did to you, hug your kids before bed time like I always do. Kiss them on the forehead , show them your love so they know how to love
I guess you know now that I love you so much🙂